Plastic Surgery Prices
As a member of The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr Rodrigo Teixeira adheres to strict guidelines governing medical practice and advertising. Our fee structure also follows the recommended guidelines set out by the Australian Medical Association (AMA).
All consultations with Dr Teixeira are thorough and the process takes 30 to 40 minutes which is why a professional fee is charged. A referral from your doctor is advisable but not essential. After your initial consultation with Dr Teixeira we encourage you to return and ask any questions you may have.
Initial Consultations (30 min): $230.00
(Medicare Rebate: $76.80)
Review Consultations (15 min): $140.00
(Medicare Rebate: $38.60)
No fees are charged for post-operative visits or after-care up to 6 weeks post-surgery.
Initial Consultations (45 min): $365.00
(Consultations with referral: $330.00)
Review Consultations (15 min): $140.00
Virtual Appointments are available, but in most cases, a face to face appointment will be reqiured before surgery.
Procedures under local anaesthetic can be performed in the rooms. For these procedures a fee of $350.00 applies.
Generally, the overall fees for surgery include several components:
- Surgeon’s fee, which includes the routine post-operative follow-up (six weeks).
- Anaesthetist’s fee. – The hospital or day surgery fee. It takes into account the length of surgery in theatre and length of hospital stay.
- Investigations such as pathology and radiology (where applicable).
- Other costs (e.g. cost of implants, prosthesis, special dressings, etc.). Important: Hospital and anaesthetist fees may be adjusted according to the length of surgery.
- For privately insured patients, your private insurance will generally cover part of your surgeon’s fees. The remainder, also known as the “gap”, covers the costs of providing specialist healthcare that Medicare and private insurance rebates do not cover.
- The amount of the “gap” varies depending on the nature and complexity of the surgery. In all instances, a written estimate is provided prior to the procedure being scheduled.
- We would strongly recommend all patients check with their private health fund to establish whether other costs apply.
- A deposit is required to book surgery. It is fully refundable up to one week before the surgery date. Deposits may be non-refundable in the event of a late cancellation to cover administrative and operational costs. Exception to extraordinary circumstances, such as illness with medical certificate, COVID infection, etc.
– For certain cosmetic procedures (e.g. facelifts, lower eyelid surgery), no rebates are provided by either Medicare or your private health fund. In these cases, all fees will be invoiced to the patient.
Please feel free to contact us on (03) 8419 0900 with any questions you may have. Dr Rodrigo and our practice staff will be more than happy to discuss these with you.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your surgery you can opt for revision surgery which is a surgical procedure which works to improve or “fix” the results of a previous operation.
Revision surgery could be carried out for aesthetic or functional reasons. In either case, it is important to communicate clearly to your surgeon since revision surgery can often be a little trickier than the first surgery.
Keeping realistic goals go a long way in ensuring a successful outcome that meets your expectations.
Cosmetic vs Plastic Surgery
Dr Rodrigo Teixeira’s practice is committed to providing you with a high standard of care and quality services. However, in some instances, regardless of the quality of care or the measures taken before, during or after surgery, some patients experience complications or require revisional surgery.
Please note that revisional surgery only refers to cases where the original operation needs to be partially or fully repeated – it does not include multiple-stage treatments.
Complication Care Policy
It is important that you understand the risks that come with having a surgical procedure. Complications sometimes arise, such as infection, bleeding and wounds not healing. While complications are uncommon, they can happen. Based on which procedure you’re undergoing, Dr Rodrigo will explain the risks and most common complications associated with the surgery.
For Self-Founded / Uninsured Patients
Dr Rodrigo will not charge a surgeon’s fee for complications that occur within three months of the original operation. If surgery is needed within this three-month period, you will however be responsible for the other costs of treatment such as hospital admission and anaesthetist’s fee.
For Insured Patients
For complications that appear within three months of the original surgery, all fees will be paid by your insurer (depending on your policy and cover). Dr Rodrigo will not charge a gap (out-of-pocket). You will however be expected to pay any other out-of-pocket excesses which may come along with hospital admission or related charges.
Revisional Surgery Policy
“If you experience complications that require revisional surgery, including bad scarring, asymmetry or if the surgery has not successfully delivered the results expected, Dr Rodrigo may reduce his fee to revise the surgery. However, you will still be liable to pay for any other fees (e.g. hospital admission, the anaesthetist’s fee and any health fund excess). If you choose to conduct your revisional surgery with another surgeon, you will be responsible for all fees yourself, as it will be billed as a new procedure by them. “
Resources & Patient Information
We understand that the process of making a decision to undergo surgery can be overwhelming. Our aim is to give you a positive and memorable experience. Your first visit with Dr Rodrigo Teixeira is the first step in what we hope will be a successful journey for you. We aim to support you in every step of the way, before, during and after treatment. Surgery is about developing a trusting relationship between surgeon and patient and it is our goal to provide you with everything you need to make an informed decision about your procedure. Feel free to give our friendly team a call if you have any questions, we will be happy to help.
Plastic Surgery Blog
Upper eyelid surgery benefits and recovery
Upper eyelid surgery benefits and recovery The eyes are one of the most prominent features on a person’s face and are very expressive in communication. …
Facial Surgery – Most popular procedures for different age groups
Facelifts The face undergoes gradual changes as time goes on, and is influenced by lifestyle and heredity. Tissue sagging, fat loss and displacement are some …
Breast Augmentation Recovery and Safety
Breast Augmentation Recovery and Safety Ensuring a successful recovery is a responsibility that is shared by you and your surgeon. It is the duty of …
Breast Augmentation and How it Can Help You
Breast Augmentation and how it can help you This procedure is very popular with women because it works to change the size of a woman’s …
Choosing the Right Time for Cosmetic Surgery
Choosing the Right Time for Cosmetic Surgery Once you’ve decided that you want to get cosmetic surgery, and are ready to go under the knife, …
Double Chin – Neck Liposuction: Causes and Treatments
Double Chin – Neck Liposuction: Causes and Treatments People do not all develop double chin the same way, nor they will need the same procedures …